So can you still Game Google in 2019? And are you making a mistake by overpaying for SEO?
Fortunately, SEO still works in 2018, and it will continue to do so in 2019. Google’s algorithm, specifically the brain rank has come a long way. Most of the search results are now personalized, so much so that when you do a search, ask your friend next to you to do the same search and see what results he/she gets. The personalization is based on various factors such as history, intent, friends, location and other things. The artificial Intelligence, which basically let’s Google crunch immense amount of data, is responsible for giving us the most accurate search results.
But what about my business? How does that get affected by SEO in 2019?
Business searches are more and more local and that is for a reason. If you are in San Diego downtown area looking for a web design company, there is a chance that you want to see search results of nearby businesses who you can walk to and talk to. So most business searches now lead to local results. But does that mean SEO is not possible anymore for businesses, especially small businesses who rely mostly on local searches?
Answer: Google has definitely removed the reliance on various local seo factors
Instead now, it relies on its AI to find out the best result for the users of the Google Apps, Google Mobile searches, Allo searches as well as the normal Desktop Google searches. Saying that the most important factors in 2019 for Google to rank your website are:
- Rank Brain Algorithm Signals. Here is a SEO document released by Google in July 2018 that gives very comprehensive data about how Google looks at your page.
- Number of People who decide to click on your business listing (also called as conversion rate)
- Get Featured Snippets of your Content to Rank on Google (More on this in a separate post)
- In Depth Answers to questions that people are looking for when searching for your Content
- Honest and in depth reviews from your Customers. The catch here is that you can’t have too many or too few reviews, and definitely not third party reviews.
- Video Marketing. I know if you are a small business, nobody is going to see your videos before doing business with you (except for may be in some cases where a Video can convert a customer for you. But saying that, a search engine doesn’t know that and the more video content you can create and engage your customers, the better are the chances that Google’s search engine will think it needs to rank you higher
- Content and Links will always remain the key, which is the corner stone of Google’s original Page Rank Algorithm.
- Get the speed of your sites really high
I will be talking about some of the above topics in great detail very soon, and I will also update those links in the above post retrospectively.
If you have a great suggestion or Tip that has helped your site catapult in the rankings then please let us know.